The Shadwell Community Project is an organisation funded entirely by voluntary contributions from a wide range of organisations so support from any direction is of benefit to our work and the children and young people of Shadwell and its environs. You can see who currently supports our work and those who have supported us in the past by going to the “Thanks to” page.
You can support us in many ways.
- Donations of materials. This could include materials for den building, wood, pallets, nails, screws, tools, old clothes for dressing up, paints, old toys, bikes, bike parts, scooters, roller skates and blades…almost anything!
- Supplies of healthy foods for our healthy eating project.. Whole wheat grains, pasta, free range eggs, whole wheat bread, dried beans, canned tomatoes, baked beans, fresh herbs and spices, eggs, fresh fruit and milk.
- Volunteering. This could take the form of taking on tasks that take our staff away from working with the children and young people. Administration help is welcome, fundraising is always needed, whether applying for grants or organising local events, support with managing our website and IT. Or maybe you would like to provide support of a practical nature like helping repair or rebuild our play structure, or get involved in our food growing project..
- For the more hardy, we accept a limited number of volunteers to work directly with the children and young people, under the supervision of our trained staff.
- If you would prefer to donate a sum of money, you can do that directly from the Donate button at the bottom of this page.
- For those who would like to join our management committee, we have periodic recruitment sessions. Being a trustee requires commitment and involves an interview with a probationary period if successful. Please email us for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may be able to support us in ways that we haven’t thought of. Please let us know.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Senior Playworker/Project Manager.